8-port USB 3.0 MIDI interface with USB hub
M4U eX is a compact and yet extremely powerful USB 3.0 MIDI interface with 8 MIDI ports.
Each of the 8 ports can either be used as a MIDI input or as a MIDI output, replacing not only traditional MIDI interfaces like it's popular predecessor models with 4 inputs and 4 outputs, but providing also other possible configurations. For instance, you can use up to 8 outputs at a time or up to 8 inputs, or 6 outputs and 2 inputs - to name some examples. And the best feature? This is all handled automatically, simply based on your connection to other MIDI inputs or MIDI outputs and each automatic input / output configuration is displayed via colored LEDs on the front panel.
M4U eX is not only one of the worlds first USB 3.0 MIDI interfaces, it also includes a USB 3.0 hub with 3 connectors for other USB equipment like software dongles or USB keyboards and others. This can literally turn this device into the central hub for your MIDI and USB musical instrument devices. The class compliant device can be bus powered or if needed for other USB devices, be powered by the included DC power supply.
The Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10 and macOS compatible device provides not only perfect timing and the highest low latency performance of any MIDI interface in it's class on the market today, it can even be used fully standalone without a computer: different operation modes allow you to route input to output signals, merge MIDI signals or use M4U eX as a MIDI thru box. These modes can be selected with the push of a button when needed.
If the 8 ports are not enough, you can connect multiple units to the computer at one time - plus there is also the larger M8U eX available, with 16 ports.
M4U eX will be available starting mid 2018.
- USB 3.0 MIDI interface
- 100% class compliant, works without the installation of a driver
- USB bus powered
- 8 MIDI ports, 4 on the front and 4 on the back
- automatic input and output detection, each port works as a MIDI input or MIDI output
- standalone operation possible
- can be used as MIDI Thru box in standalone mode to send one MIDI signal to 7 outputs
- can be used as MIDI merger in standalone mode to merge 7 MIDI signals to a single output
- 3-port USB 3.0 hub with external 5V DC power supply to power USB devices (power supply included)
- multiple units can be used with one computer at a time
- downwards compatible to USB 2.0 with a USB 2.0 legacy mode
- dimensions roughly 17.5cm x 12.0cm x 4.5cm