16-port USB 3.0 MIDI interface with USB hub
Our stylish and very powerful M8U eX is a modern USB 3.0 MIDI interface with a total of 16 MIDI ports in one single device.
Featuring the popular MIDI auto detection technology that was pioneered by ESI, each of these 16 ports can either be used as a MIDI input or as a MIDI output, replacing not only regular MIDI interfaces like our previous popular legacy multi port MIDI interfaces with 8 inputs and 8 outputs, but providing also other possible configurations: for instance, you can use up to 16 outputs at a time or up to 16 inputs, or any other combination, like 12 outputs and 4 inputs. Each automatic input / output configuration is displayed via colored LEDs on the front panel.
If the number of ports is not enough, you can hook up multiple M8U eX to the same computer - a feature that is made easy also via the integrated fast USB 3.0 hub that allows you to connect other USB equipment like software dongles or USB keyboards and others to your computer. This literally turns M8U eX into the central hub for the MIDI and USB devices in your studio or live performance setup.
The 100% fully class compliant device can even be bus powered (or if needed for other USB devices, it is powered via the included 5V DC power supply) and it works out of the box without the installation of additional drivers on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and macOS systems (both 32-bit and 64-bit). Yet, there is more: it also works as a standalone Thru and Merge solution for your MIDI devices. Selected via a push button on the front panel, M8U eX provides various configurations allowing you to merge multiple MIDI signals and send them out to a single port or to send out signals through multiple ports that are coming in from just one - all based on your individual needs.
All this makes our M8U eX easily the most powerful USB MIDI interface existing on the market today.
If 16 ports are more than what you need, there is also the smaller M4U eX available, with 8 ports.
- USB 3.0 MIDI interface
- 100% class compliant, works without the installation of a driver
- USB bus powered
- 16 MIDI ports, 8 on the front and 8 on the back
- automatic input and output detection, each port works as a MIDI input or MIDI output
- standalone operation possible
- can be used as MIDI Thru box in standalone mode to send one MIDI signal to 15 outputs
- can be used as MIDI merger in standalone mode to merge 15 MIDI signals to a single output
- 3-port USB 3.0 hub with external 5V DC power supply to power USB devices (power supply included)
- multiple units can be used with one computer at a time
- downwards compatible to USB 2.0 with a USB 2.0 legacy mode
- optional ESI MIDI Port driver for multi device / multi client operation under Windows available
- dimensions roughly 32.5cm x 14.5cm x 4.5cm
Reviews and Testimonials
Here are selected reviews of M8U eX:
German online magazine Buenas Ideas wrote a very detailed review of M8U eX. You can read the full german language review with comments like "... without a doubt a device that isn't in the wrong place in professional studio and stage environments." that resulted in a "Tipp" award here.
The famous Russian rechnology review site ProSound/iXBT published a very comprehensive positive review of our M4U eX and M8U eX written by Maxim Liadov. You can find the complete review in Russian language here.
TobyB of the popular German online magazine Amazona looked at our M8U eX in detail:"The construction is excellent. Usage and installation is non-problematic even for beginners. Advanced users will enjoy the flexibility. The ESI commences itself indeed for the professional league (...)" - read the original German text here!
If you are interested in adding a review to this list, do not hesitate and contact us.