24-bit USB Audio Interface with 10 Microphone Preamps / 8 Outputs
U108 PRE is a special USB audio recording interface providing a solution for a very basic requirement: connecting a lot of professional microphones for simultaneous multichannel recording at one time.
U108 PRE provides a total of 10 high quality professional microphone preamps. Two XLR connectors are on the front panel, the others on the rear panel of the device. For all separate preamps, +48V phantom power can be enabled when needed and the input level can be adjusted separately for each channel. The input level is also displayed via LEDs on the front panel. Of course you can use all input channels simultaneously. In addition, there are two alternatively usable Hi-Z instrument inputs for electric guitars. For playback, 8 independent line outputs and a separate mix output (via the integrated monitor mixer) are provided.
U108 PRE provides drivers that work with very low latency - with support for WDM, ASIO 2.0 and CoreAudio, based on our EWDM- and DirectWIRE-Technology. That means that the unit can be used wih all common applications on both Mac and PC. With the bundled software you can start using it right away and simply start working out of the box.
U108 PRE is the perfect solution for multichannel recording when using a multiple number of microphones!
- 10 input / 8 output 24-bit / 96kHz USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 24-bit Audio Interface
- 10 professional microphone preamps with XLR input and +48V phantom power support
- 2 Hi-Z high performance instrument inputs with 1/4" connector
- 8 line outputs with balanced 1/4" TRS connectors
- adjustable headphone output with 1/4" stereo phone connector
- separate stereo mix output with integrated monitoring mixer controlled on front panel
- ADC with 107dB(a) dynamic range
- DAC with 112dB(a) dynamic range
- supports up to 24-bit / 96kHz
- powered by included DC power supply
- supports Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 with ASIO 2.0, MME, WDM and DirectSound incl. DirectWIRE support
- supports Mac OS X (10.7 and above) via CoreAudio USB audio driver
- includes Bitwig Studio 8-Track digital audio workstation software
- includes license of inTone 2 ESI Edition from Audified
- dimensions roughly 45.0cm x 14.5cm x 4.5cm
In order to get you started right out of the box, U108 PRE ships with a powerful software package for professional recording, creation of your own songs, mixing of any audio content and much more. The following applications are currently included:
Bitwig Studio 8-Track - the trim and effective DAW to start producing, performing, and designing sounds like a pro for use on up to eight tracks of audio / MIDI, incl. the Bitwig Essentials Package, a versatile selection of handpicked presets and sounds. Record instruments, create your arrangements, design new sounds, or just jam - every feature has been developed by musicians, for musicians!
inTone 2 ESI Edition by Audified is a powerful jamming tool to produce mixes of multiple audio signals and instruments, play files, change tracks, prepare streams for podcasts and recordings. As an effects host you can use it with the included GK Amplification 2 LE and ampLion Free as a bass and guitar amp simulator and much more - anything you need for your creativity!
Our website always shows the latest information on what we currently ship with our products. Depending on the production date, it can sometimes be possible that a different software package is included with the U108 PRE at a local reseller. The actual content is mentioned on the retail box of the product itself. If you are unsure, please contact us.
Watch these product videos for U108 PRE:
Reviews and Testimonials
Here are selected reviews of U108 PRE:
The December 2018 issue of Sound & Recording (Germany) contains a detailed review of U108 PRE from Axel Latta: "With the U108 PRE ESI offers an interesting audio interface for project studios (...) delivers a good price/value." - read / download the full German review here.
If you are interested in adding a review to this list, do not hesitate and contact us.