18-in/8-out USB 2.0 Hi-Speed External Recording Interface
ESU1808 shows the latest audio interface technology for external usage on notebook and desktop computers.
The USB 2.0 Hi-Speed audio interface for Mac & PC shows what is really possible with USB 2.0. ESI's new USB 2 Xtreme technology boosts USB audio to a new level, providing better performance for better results.
The 1U rack unit comes with not less than 18 input channels, 2 of them are high quality microphone preamps with balanced XLR inputs and +48V phantom power, 2 of them allow a direct connection of instruments (Hi-Z), 4 line inputs on the front for unbalanced and 8 line inputs on the rear for balanced signals and there is a coaxial S/PDIF input. There are 8 balanced analog output channels, one channel pair is also provided as coaxial S/PDIF output. Last but not least ESU1808 comes with a MIDI I/O port providing 16 input and 16 output channels.
All this makes ESU1808 a product that defines new standards for USB audio for professional applications. Never before you have seen this number of I/O channels on a USB audio product in this price range. When will it light your fire?
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed support based on ESI's USB 2 Xtreme technology
- 18 input channels / 8 output channels at 24-bit/96khz
- 2 precision & low noise microphone preamps (XLR input) with gain controls, pad switch and peak LEDs, +48V phantom power
- 2 direct instrument inputs (Hi-Z) with gain control and peak LEDs
- 12 balanced/unbalanced analog inputs (1/4" TRS, -10dBv/+4dBu, ADC 107dB)
- 8 balanced/unbalanced analog outputs (1/4" TRS, -10dBv/+4dBu, DAC 112dB)
- headphone amplifier (1/4" stereo phone jack) with volume control
- 16 channel MIDI I/O
- RCA connectors for coaxial S/PDIF I/O
- supported sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48.0kHz, 88.2kHz, 96.0 kHz
- powered by exclusive DC power supply
- supports ASIO 2.0, GSIF 2.0, WDM, CoreAudio
- Windows 10, 8.1, Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP and Mac OS X compatible
- bundled with Steinberg Cubase LE 4.0 for PC and Mac
- dimensions: roughly 48.0cm x 15.0cm x 4.5cm
Reviews and Testimonials
Here are selected reviews of ESU1808:
Composer Natalie Oram of Rockbarn Media about ESU1808: "So often a sound card can have problems or have intermittent issues, but the ESU1808 has worked seamlessly with every studio computer we've had in the past few years and since using the ESU1808 with our latest iMac, again, it has been faultless."
April 2009 issue of music & PC (Germany) contains a detailed review of ESU1808: "The ESU1808 sets a new performance standard for multichannel operation via USB 2.0 and scores as a price bargain"
The issue 07/2008 of Future Music (UK) features a review of ESU1808 by Karl Foster: "It's unusual to see so many I/Os on a sub-£350 interface - you could record a populous band with one" - as result of the review, we received the Future Music Value Award.
iDJ (UK) checked our ESU1808 in July 2008 - here is a quote: "Essentially, the ESU1808 makes connecting your hardware to your computer a much easier experience, and so is well worth checking out." - check the full review here.
If you are interested in adding a review to this list, do not hesitate and contact us.